8×24 mobile office trailers are some of the most common sizes used by companies for their temporary office space needs. If you are looking for an 8×24 office trailer and want to know information like dimensions, benefits, cost, and more, we’ve got you covered.
Dimensions of an 8×24 Office Trailer
The length of the office trail does include the hitch connected to the office trailer. This is standard among suppliers.
Width: 8 feet (2.44 meters)
Length: 24 feet (6.10 meters)
Around 160 sq ft. fully empty. This does not include things like desks/furniture etc.
8×24 Office Trailer Benefits
8×24 mobile office trailers are relatively small and have limited space. They will most likely provide an office space and restroom. Some units can be outfitted with other features to maximize usage. Some of the best benefits of 8×25 office trailers include:
Flexibility: Mobile office trailers can be easily relocated, allowing businesses to set up temporary offices at different sites as needed.
Cost-Effective: For short-term projects, mobile office trailers are usually more cost-effective than permanent structures.
Quick Setup: Mobile office trailers can be set up relatively from start to finish. You can have a mobile office trailer within a few days.
Self-Contained: Most mobile office trailers come with HVAC systems, electrical outlets, lighting, and sometimes even restrooms. With the limited space, you’ll want to make the best use of the space.
Minimal Maintenance: As compared to traditional buildings, these trailers are designed to be durable and require little maintenance.
Space Efficiency: An 8×20 trailer provides a compact but functional space, making it ideal for sites with limited available area.
8×24 Office Trailer Use Cases
While these trailers may be smaller, they still pack a ton of functionality. They are versatile and can provide your company with the necessary space to conduct business even in remote locations. Some of the best use cases for an 8×24 mobile office trailer include:
- As on-site offices for project managers, engineers, and architects.
- For storing plans, documents, and equipment.
- As a meeting space for contractors and clients.
- Ticket booths or registration offices for festivals, concerts, or sporting events.
- As a temporary office or coordination center for event organizers.
- Contact centers during natural disasters or emergencies.
- For NGOs or government agencies to coordinate relief efforts.
- Storage for supplies and equipment.
- Storage for tools and equipment as well as shade area for refrigerator
- For coordinating and managing large farms or ranches.
- For small pop-up shops for companies that need to be mobile.
- Additional unit to a larger pop-up shop.
- Drive-through stations or vaccination drives.
- For administrative purposes in larger medical camps or events.
Military and Defense:
- During deployments or training exercises, they are used as command posts or administrative offices.
- For coordinating logistics on a temporary basis.
Remote Work Sites:
- In industries like mining, forestry, or oil and gas where operations are far from established infrastructure.
- A base for surveying teams or research expeditions.
Film and TV Production:
- Necessary for on-site offices for directors, producers, or coordinators.
- For storing equipment or as dressing rooms.
- For temporary offices or sales points along highways or in rest areas.
- As information centers or tourist offices.
8×24 Office Trailer Features
Like other office trailers, there are several different features that can be installed within 8×24 office trailers. You’ll want to talk with a supplier to make sure that the mobile office trailer fits your needs. Crucially, because space is limited, it’s important to know exactly what need before renting or purchasing.
- Electrical outlets
- Desks and shelving
- Built-in HVAC system
- Exterior lighting
- Vinyl or carpet flooring
- Pre-wiring for phone lines and internet
- Small restroom (this usually does not come standard)
Average Cost of 8×24 Office Trailer
You can choose to either rent or purchase your 8×24 office trailer. For companies who need temporary solutions for a couple of months or a year, leasing makes the most sense. You pay every month to rent the office trailer, and you’ll also pay for setup and removal. However, if you are planning on using an office trailer for several years, it may be in your best interest to purchase the office trailer. Costs no matter whether you purchase, or rent will be determined by:
- Length of contract
- Cost of setup and maintenance
|Cost Type||Estimated Cost|
|Monthly Rental Average||$300 to $700 per month|
|Delivery and Setup Averages||$1,000-$5,000|
|Removal Fees||Around the same as delivery and setup|
When to Lease:
Here are some general guidelines on when to lease an office trailer.
- If the company only needs the trailer for a short period (e.g., a few months), renting might be more cost-effective.
- Companies with limited capital or cash flow concerns might prefer the lower initial outlay of renting.
- The company is unsure about long-term requirements and wants flexibility without commitment.
- Renting allows you to avoid long-term maintenance and repair responsibilities.
- Some businesses might benefit from writing off rental expenses.
- If you need an immediate solution without the wait time associated with purchasing and customizing.
- If you frequently move projects or sites and don’t want the hassle of transporting the trailer each time.
- If you don’t have space to store the trailer when it’s not in use.
What to Purchase:
- If you anticipate using the trailer for several years or have recurring needs.
- When you have specific customization requirements that rental options can’t fulfill.
- Over an extended period, the cumulative rental fees would exceed the cost of purchasing.
- Businesses that prefer owning assets, which can be depreciated over time for tax benefits.
- If you believe you can resell the trailer once it’s no longer needed.
- If the trailer will remain at a fixed location for an extended period.
- Owning the trailer gives you full control over its maintenance and upkeep.
8×24 Office Trailer Delivery
While every supplier has a different process. There are some general processes that most companies will follow for renting mobile office trailers.
In order to determine the best location for the trailer, the provider may conduct a site assessment, making sure the ground is level and free of obstructions. By performing this assessment, you and the supplier can identify any potential challenges, such as tight spaces, uneven foundations, or other obstacles.
All debris, vehicles, and obstructions should be removed from the designated area.
It may be necessary to grade or add gravel to the ground if it is uneven.
Both the provider and customer will agree on a delivery date and time. Before this date, any necessary permits must be obtained.
Trucks are typically used to transport trailers. It’s often a flatbed or a truck with a specialized trailer hitch, but it can vary.
When the delivery team arrives, they will place the trailer at the designated location. They will verify that everything is properly aligned, especially if there are numerous trailers or if it must fit inside a specified space.
With the trailer in place, jacks and blocks will be used to level it. Proper leveling is crucial to ensure doors function correctly and to prevent any internal damage.
If the trailer has electricity, plumbing, or HVAC systems, these will be connected by the delivery team or a professional. At the location, the client should have power, water, and sewage connections available.
Following setup, a final check is performed to confirm that everything is in working order and that the trailer is safe for occupancy. The customer should walk around the trailer with the delivery staff to familiarize themselves with any amenities, safety regulations, and maintenance suggestions.
Need an 8×24 Office Trailer?
Are you looking for an 8×24 office trailer? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! 360MobileOffice can help you find the right office trailer for your needs. Just fill out our 1–2-minute form and we’ll contact you to verify your information. From there, you can relax as up to 5 suppliers reach out to you with quotes. It’s that simple!